Monday, April 28, 2008

It's Potty Time!

This weekend was a weekend full of cool things! JD and Anne were doing their nightly bedtime routine (brush your teeth and go to the bathroom, etc) So, Anne sat on the potty and JD "I wanna go peeps too!" He sat on the big potty cover with all his clothes on exclaiming, "I use little potty" and then he DID!!! I couldn't believe it. He went on the potty!!!! Now do I encourage this movement because as some of you know he wears a brace (a full spinal brace) and it will be very difficult to remove and put back on each potty trip. What did other LP's do with the brace on? Oh, another LP chapter, I am not sure we are ready for!!!! It was still exciting !!!

We went and bought the "pup stairs" from Bed Bath and Beyond on Saturday, so JD is the same height as Anne when he is brushing his teeth, and making cake with us on Sunday. He is just loving his new stool! THanks Jaime for posting Caitlyn's stairs!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

oh how exciting! I am thrilled for you :) If only JD could teach Will how to do this :) You said he has a full spinal brace? What does this cover that you have to take it off when he uses the bathroom? Kaela has a brace for her spine, but I can't picture what you are saying...just curious. Is his for the kyposis or scoliosis or both?

Kim said...

That is soooo great. I second Sarah-all Preston does is sit on the potty and read! I cannot help you with the brace-maybe some on POLP can. I am just so excited for you! Go JD!

Jaime said...

Isn't it the greatest step stool!! Caitlyn loves hers! We have only used it in the bathroom, as it isn't high enough for her to reach the kitchen counters. I do need to put some skip-proof pads on the bottom, as I am just waiting for the time where she climbs up, pushes off the top step to reach the faucet and the stool flies out from under her feet! Glad I could be of some help!

Tonya said...

Yeah JD!!! I don't even want to think about potty time and bracing...

Good Job!!!

Lisa said...

We were lucky we didn't have to worry about a brace and potty at the same time. That will be a challenge, but one you'll succeed and you'll be surprised at what our little ones can do. Liz's great grandpa made a fabulous stool for her that she uses. Of course, now she's trying to "jump off" it - as if she's swimming. These crazy kids. Can't wait to hear more about potty success!