Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a fun weekend!





I was reading Kim's post about the great weekend we had here in New England and thought I would tell you about what we did.


On Saturday we took the kids to the beach to fly some kites. Anne had the famous "My Little Pony" kite and JD was all too thrilled to fly "Go Diego Go" kite. The kids were so excited to fly these kites, the whole 5 minute ride to the beach! Well when we got to our location, Doug and I got to experience flying the kites while JD giggles and Anne said "cool Dad"...That is it, all the hoop-la, and nothing!!! JD ended up sitting and throwing rocks into the ocean and Anne and Dad ran up and down the beach. It was a beautiful day and there was even people there sun tanning in 58 degree weather...

On Sunday the kids took to the grill (oh, don't worry Auntie Debi a fisher price one) and we taught JD to say "order up". We had a picnic with mini oreos and water. It was such another nice day. I have attached pictures to show off the fun we have had.

Today at school, Beansprout University, JD and Anne competed in an obstacle course, I gave them each a medal (all 10 kids) for completing the course. JD really liked pushing the wheelbarrow in and out of the cones! On to the next course.

3 comments:

Kim said...

First off the name Beansprout University cracks me up-that is so cute!
Second the pictures are of course adorable-I am partial to little boys in bucket hats and JD does not disappoint!
Third-I am jealous you live so close to a beach. Although I grew up on Long Island and was surrounded by water, but now living in Westchester we have to settle for ponds. Blah!

Debi said...

Too Cute. I am not sure I could live anywhere but near the beach. I love it!! I am glad the grill wasn't real. Remember when JD want to be able to stand at it so bad last year? And look, now he can!! Yayyyy!!!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

LOVE the hat! I haven't tried many hats on Cole just because his darn head is so big :) JD is a cutie!