Thursday, April 10, 2008




Here is one of my favorite recent photos of the kids. Anne is 4 and Jonathan (JD) is 2 1/2. Just to introduce ourselves to the blogging world. We are the happy parents of 2 children, Anne is Average Height and JD has achon. We found out about JD about a month before his planned CSection. It was so difficult those 3 1/2 weeks before he was born. We had no idea what to expect. The best day was the day he was born and the Doctor from the NICU (was there just in case) said to me "thumbs up, your baby is great and perfect. We have never been so happy to hear such reassuring words. JD had RSV at 6 weeks and we dealt with a pretty nasty New England winter his first year. We did hospital stays, synagis shots, more X rays than I care to count...All and All we have been blessed with a little boy that couldn't possibly make us happier. He didn't talk until he got tubes put in and now he does not stop...he is a TALKER...we laugh with the DR, ok, he proved his ears work, can we take them out?LOL He walk Halloween 07 and again is fast as can be. He wears a full spinal brace for kyphosis and has since January 2007. It slowed him way down in the beginning, but now he will occasionally ask for it. We are just happy that in the summer, (possibly for his 3rd bday) they believe the brace will come off!!! We can only hope!


I own a home Daycare/Preschool with 10 kids a day. It is busy and we always have something to do here! My husband is an IT professional and we have a dog and fish. I wanted to start a blog because I read all the ones on Tonya's blog and you all have inspired me to write. (which I am not confident about) so Here goes the trials and tribulations of Jill, Doug, Anne and JD!! Enjoy!

9 comments:

Tonya said...

Jill- Anne is a beauty!! Her dark hair, I love it!! JD is so cute! Welcome to our little community!!! YEAH!!!

Jaime said...

Hi Jill, welcome to the blogging world of LP mom's. My name is Jaime and I have a 3 year old daughter, Caitlyn, who also has Achondroplasia. With your permission I would like to add a link to your blog on my page. Please stop by and read my story. I look forward to following you and your family.

Kim said...

Hi Jill!
So excited you decided to join. I would love to link up with your blog.
My site is monkeyandmommyraab.blogspot.com
JD is such a cutie!

Debi said...

That photo is the background wallpaper on my work computer. My teams always comment on how cute they are!! I love this photo too! Now if only Jody would send me a photo of Emilee.

Jennifer said...

Hi Jill, Anne, Nathan and Dad. I am Owen W's grandma and I am a blogaholic! Both of your children are wonderful and I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Sarah said...

Welcome to the blogging world. It's so much fun and it's even more fun meeting all these new families in the process. My daughter has Metatropic Dysplasia (very rare form of dwarfism). You can find our blog at:http://adayinkaelaslife.blogspot.com/, which is linked to Tonyas so you may have seen it. I look forward to following your family. Your kids are super cute. I can't believe JD is playing the memory game already! Smart little guy!! I would love to add your blog to ours with your permission!

Jillsblog said...

HI there all, Yes please add us to your listservs...

I hope to gain some superior knowledge from all of you!!!! Thanks for the visit. Y

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Welcome to our internet LP family!! It's so nice to meet you and your family! I look forward to reading all about little JD!! What a cutie!

-Katie

BRYAN'S YAYA said...

Hi Jill, so nice to meet you and welcome to our group! Your kids are absolutely adorable, and I can't wait to hear more about them. You can find us at handsonamiracle.blogspot.com or linked through some of the others.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan