Monday, December 15, 2008

A family Christmas






We had a great weekend. We went to Sturbridge MA to see my Dad's side of the family. All his brothers and his favorite Sister. I think someone said there was 35 of us that showed up!! Not bad. Some of the cousins were missing (they don't live near here) and Uncle Tommy made a quick visit...it was good to see him. Aunt Diane if you are reading, I hope you are well, and remember a smile a day keeps the doctors away!!!

It was good laughs, good fun, and we are hoping for a reunion of sorts for ALL of us. Geez, what place can hold 50 or more of us...we will find it. "we are the Scannells, the mighty, mighty Scannells...etc. (a little song we made up when we were kids...thanks Andrea for reminding me of how "cool" we are...)

I attached some pictures of the family. Enjoy. My kids did not attend, it would have been to crazy and I would not have been able to catch up like I did with everyone.

Also, thanks to Aunt Patty and Shawna for "Sid" the Elf on the Shelf!!! What a great little concept. JD and Anne were fascinated by the elf changing spots the other night...thanks for sending him all the way up from GA!!!

Off to take a rest, I had a long night with Annie last night, she is not feeling well and no one got any sleep :(

6 comments:

Kim said...

JIll-I just cuaght up with your posts! Your family day sounded amazing. What fun to have such a big family. I like that you guys made up a song about being mighty. That is so funny that you still remember it! I am also loving the new pics of Ann making her gingerbread houses.

Kerri said...

I'm so sorry I didn't even know about this. I knew my parents were going but had no idea that cousins were also planning on attending. Oh well! Maybe another time. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, I had a concert over the weekend to play in. But I would much rather have been with all of you then be playing an all Wagner concert!!

Debi said...

We are the Scannell's the might mighty Scannell's!! We didn't make that song up, we just added Scannell. Ha ha. Good times. Great photos!!

Debi said...

Oh ya. I hope Annie feels better. Send her my best. Hugs for Anne!

Mary said...

Jill -- It was sooo wonderful to see everyone - -great pictures - -I will get mine on line --Hope Annie is better - -

Shawna said...

I'm so glad that the kids love Sid! Caroline has really enjoyed Buddy and I'm already looking forward to him making an appearance again next year. I'm looking forward to all of us getting together, that would definitely be a lot of fun!