Tuesday, December 9, 2008

All is good!!!

Jon did awesome! We arrived at the hospital at 6:20 and he played until about 7:40am. The Surgery was scheduled at 8am and he was in the OR at 7:57 and out at 8:15....

Everything went very well. His ears were filled with fluid (not infected), he drained the fluid and added the tubes. All went very well. Jon (JD) got out of recovery at 8:45 and we were headed home at 9:30....

Phew! Another thing to cross off our list...so far so good.

Each night we ask the kids their "favorite part of the day" and "not so favorite part of the day"....

JD responses:
My favorite part of the day was playing at the hospital with my Dad. (my thoughts were "hey I was there too, remember me, I gave birth to you....LOL)

My not so favorite part was "not eating my peanut butter crackers after surgery" (Mommy made the mistake of bringing his favorite peanut butter crackers, and they wouldn't let him eat them because of allergies...I felt so bad for everyone involved)

On a side note, I had the kids pictures done this weekend. I will have to scan to share with you all. They came out great!!!!!

6 comments:

Greene Family said...

That's great that Jon did awesome this morning! Simon had his first step of tubes put in at the end of Sept, and I was surprised how quickly the surgery went.
Looking forward to seeing the kids' great pictures!

Kerri said...

So glad to hear that the surgery went well. What a brave little guy you have there!! Love keeping up with you guys on the blog!!

Cousin Kerri

Unknown said...

Yay, JD!! So glad to hear it went well!

Destini said...

Glad that the surgery went well! Getting all that icky fluid out should be a big relief! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Debi said...

No peanut butter crackers? Awww. It's good that that was the worst part of his day. Glad he can hear us all clearly again!!

Sarah said...

So Glad JD did well! I love that you ask them that. What fun :) I'm sorry about the crakers. Poor guy! Can't wait to see the pics.