Thursday, October 23, 2008

Medical SMedical

JD had an MRI yesterday. What a grueling process on Tuesday trying to find a doctor in the anthesia department....I spent 4 hours at the hospital and found the most amazing doctor (pedi anthesialogist (sp)). He took time out of his surgery to speak with me and JD....great stuff.

I was a nervous wreck yesterday, I could not really think straight. I knew what was going to happen. JD couldn't eat for what seemed liked days (just 14 hours) and he did REALLY REALLY WELL. He even said to Doug and I "I will just eat 2 bites and be done..."

With all the precautions for having a breathing tube (intubation, LMA) he ended up just using a mask...and breathing on his own!!!! Yeah JD.

Now I await the results. Dr. H is supposed to call me today and let me know, I hope to God that is ok.

I will post when I know more : ) Save a prayer for JD if you can that he will not need a shunt or decompression surgery......I will be a nervous wreck again....

5 comments:

Debi said...

Hugs!!!! Good for JD and for nice doctors. I am praying all is WNL (within normal limits). Keeping my fingers crossed in Southie, love, Debi

Unknown said...

We are keeping JD in our thoughts...fingers crossed that all is well!

Mary said...

I will get everyone in the South to say prayers for all of you - love ya --Aunt Mary

Kim said...

Anxiously awaiting the news. I am praying for JD that the MRI went ok.

Destini said...

I do not know what I would do if my mom wasn't a nurse anesthetist! She works at the hospital were Trace has his MRIs and ENT, and knows an anesthesiologist at the hospital where his neurosurgeon is. Hope all comes out well!