Thursday, October 23, 2008

Great news everyone!!!!!

The best words you can hear from your most favorite Neurosurgeon/....

NO SHUNT OR DECOMPRESSION SURGERY AT THIS TIME


I can't believe it...well yes I can, JD, JON, Jonathan, has done so many good things in the past year that I should not have been worried...but come on, he has achondroplasia...there is so much to worry about. Plus, I worry about everything, I think the worst, then when good stuff happens it seems so much better...not a trait I hope my children pick up.LOL

I am happy to report, that through my neurotic (is that a word?) medical behaviors, we are in the clear til next May or June (depending on an opening for an appointment) with Dr. H. He is the greatest, I trust him completely...

So, tonight I sit and laugh and play with my two great kids and hope that we have many happy times ahead...

God yesterday was tough, I was so scared and now I think "why"...but I know why, I don't want my son to be in this situation, but hey he is, and if you saw him lying on the bed to enter the MRI...you would be so proud, he turned to daddy and said "can I get a blue and red race car when I am done?" I cried my head off, if that is even normal to say, but I did. The anethesialogist (why can't I spell that?) just said to me "take a minute and kiss your son, we have time...."...ugh...what a tough day...but now SOOO WORTH IT.... no brain surgery..I can't even tell you how happy we are...

Good night to everyone and thanks for the prayers, they truly worked!! :)

6 comments:

Jaime said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and JD. I'm sure a huge weight has been lifted off of your shoulders!

Destini said...

That's great news!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What fabulous news!! It's the greatest feeling to know that your precious baby is staying clear from any medical intervention.

Kim said...

YES! YES! YES! I am soooo happy! What a load off your shoulders. Now you can just sit back and enjoy JD, Jon, Jonathan and have him entertain you!

Tonya said...

I am so glad to hear this!! One more thing to cross off the list!!

Logan Warner said...

Hi great readingg your post