Sunday, September 14, 2008

Off to school!!!

Anne started her first day of PreK last week! Same teachers, same kids as last year so it was a breeze to drop her off with all her buddies!!!She goes to the intergrated program at the Elementary School. I actually went there when I was a kid (the school not the PreK). She loves it. It is 4 days a week for 2 hours and 45 minutes. She can see her friends in the Kindergarten which is so cool!!!

On another note, JD is going to the same school!!! If you remember correctly, he was tested for speech back in June and passed with flying colors, but the teacher approached me the other day and asked if they could do some "articulation" speech classes with him for 1/2 hour a week. She feels it will be a great way for the elementary school to get "ready" for him (oh boy are they going to need to get ready LOL) So, he will go on Thursdays for 1/2 hour by himself with the speech pathologist and hopefully he will not rule the classroom. He is so excited to be in the classroom like "annie"...I will fill you in oh how he does on Thursday.

Funny story about my little man, he is a talker (really he doesn't stop talking EVER) so everyday in my daycare/preschool, he talks all through lunch and always misses the book and puzzle time after lunch because of his constant chatter. So, the woman the works with me says to him

Miss Sandy: Jonathan, do you know why you always miss book and puzzle time?
JOnathan: Why MIss Sandy?
Miss sandy: Because you are talking too much while you are eating....
Jonathan: Then stop talking to me.

I almost fell over with laughter, it was really funny. Typical JD..who now occasionally wants to be called "J-O-N" and he will spell it for you. So, JD, JON or Jonathan we wish you luck at your big kid school on Thursday, and more luck to the teacher LOL

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I love the conversation that JD had with his teacher - too funny! The speech that Caitlyn is receiving is help with articulation as well. She has a hard time saying the "s" sound if it is followed by a consonant. Stop becomes top and Spot becomes pot. These are the words that her speech therapist worked with her on the other day. She only receives 20 minutes a week, hope we can actually get sometime accomplished during that time!

Destini said...

JD/JON/Jonathan is quite smart, I can see! Great post! Hope Annie loves PreK - the PreK here is 4 days a week for 6 1/2 hours a day!

Kim said...

JD's conversation was adorable. I think you should send that to Reader's Digest. I wish him all the best in school.
Preston cannot make the "l" sound-it comes out like a "w"
I am interested to see how it goes!

Mary said...

Oh Jill , he has your sense of humor - I almost fell off the stool when I read about his "conversation" - -

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Haha! Kids are too honest! That was so funny. He's going to give Miss Sandy a run for her money!

I didn't have your email address to respond to your very sweet offer. I already have 3/4 books. My neighbor let me borrow the two she has and I bought one yesterday at Half Price Books. I do still need Love the One You Are With...that would be awesome! We could start a book train or something cool like that!