Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good news all around!!!

We had such a good day today! JD had his first dentist appointment and all looks really good, no cavities and he even opened wide for the dentist. Anne was great with her appointment too, no cavities for these kids. (hopefully they have my good teeth, and my OCD about brushing)

We had JD's 3 year check up today as well. The medical center we go to is so far behind in appts! JD grew an inch in a year!!!! I couldn't believe it. I think all the other times, they measured on the table but today JD was standing up against the wall. So, he is 30.25 inches tall (76 3/4cm)and 29 lbs, a little on the chunky side...so we might have to cut down his enormous breakfast down to something smaller. I am sure it is closer to 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, but hey it was fun, JD was really excited to mark his height down on the chart for the DR.

In other exciting news, the DR asked JD to draw a circle, which he did great, and then he drew a triangle, the DR said "nice triangle Jonathan" and Jonathan replied, "that's not a triangle, it is a camping tent...." he was shocked. JD has an answer for everything. I have to admit, I was pretty damn proud of the kid. He knocked the socks off everyone in the office. They must have given him 20 stickers...spoiled???? He loved it.

I have to admit, I really liked having a very positive DR experience!!!! Since our last one was about his possible Shunt...I will take these well checks any time!!!

5 comments:

Debi said...

Yay for no cavities. With Anne and JD having a sweet tooth like their Daddy, it is best that mommy does instill her obsession with teeth brushing. Don't want to be like Auntie Debi and all her cavities and 2 root canals!! Yay, for well visits. I like to hear good news!! Keep 'em coming.

Sarah said...

Oh I'm so glad the apt went well. What a smart kid! Will knows all the shapes but will not draw one for anything! JD is such a big boy now. They change so fast! It sounds like everyone is doing great. So glad to hear it. I love how he told him it wasn't a triangle but a tent! So funny.

Mary said...

wahooo for NO cavities and good dr appt. Jill, you needed a good day like that!!!

Kim said...

That is a great appointment! JD sounds as if he is doing great! How proud he must have been being measured like a big boy (actually he is probably taller since thelegs cannot get stretched out when they are standing)! I am so happy to hear that he shocked everyone with his smarts. You goJD. And congrats on the A+ checkups with the dentist!

Destini said...

Ugh, the dentist, I finally called and made an appointment for Taylor, I've been putting it off for almost a year :( Glad that everything is a-okay all around! I'm sure JD got a big kick out of showing off for the pediatrician office and "earning" his stickers!