Sunday, June 22, 2008

Just an update

I was told by my sister(thanks Debi and Paul, LOL) that I am not a good blogger. I haven't updated in a bit. So, I am going to try and keep up with it. I love to read others blogs so why not mine?

JD had a Speech/Communication evaluation by the public school on June 2 & 9. He is currently in Early Intervention but they turn him over to the public schools on his
3rd birthday (which is in 3 weeks, I can't believe it) so I had him tested for Speech and Communication skills. I knew he was doing good but I wanted to confirm. We have made the decision to keep him home next year if he does well. Well, our little man has proven himself!!! We couldn't be happier. They have no reason to suspect a speech issue that needs "assistance" at this time. My underlying concern is that with him looking small, people, mainly teachers, will be ok with an articulation issue or a cognitive issue. We will not be ok with it, so we want to nip it in the bud if it is coming. So here are his results!!!!


Auditory Comprehension 118 Standard Score 88 % Rank
Expressive Communication 106 Standard Score 66 %Rank

Expressive One word Picture Vocabulary Test R
106 Standard Score 66 %Rank

Goldman FIrstoe Test of Articulation (GFTA)
90 Standard Score 32%Rank

So, as you can see if you look at the best score being 100 (standard score), JD did awesome!!! This is where I can brag!! What a smart boy. The expressive test was just a flip book of pictures and he had to name them, and the teacher doesn't respond yes or no, just "thank You'...I thought the only one he didn't understand was a picture of a skeleton. He stared at the picture and kept saying "ummm ummm" then he yells out "a body!" I had to laugh, hey it is a body right? My smart guy.

So, needless to say the plans for this kid for the near future are staying at home in my home daycare/preschool with 10 kids a day then next year he will go to public pre-K in elementary school.

We went on the boat yesterday with AUntie Debi and her friends and we took a bunch of pictures...PS...please send to me!!!

So, when I get them, I will post.

2 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What a smartie pants!! I hope Cole is just as smart as JD :)
BTW- We have a couple Janie and Jack stores in our area! They have the cutest stuff!!

Kim said...

Good job JD! I think calling a skeleton a body is very clever and impressive! Glad to see you "back" and I am happy to hear about your pedicure! They are very nice.