Sunday, September 12, 2010

Soccer, soccer, soccer.

JD and Anne had their first soccer games on Saturday. Anne is now playing with a referee and actual soccer rules. She did well!!! Her team is named Italy. She only knows one girl (who used to come to my daycare). Anne didn't really say much after the game, just that the white team (holland) was all her friends. So, I am not sure if she is a soccer star or not. She does play really well but we shall see how the season goes!

JD is on the Green Monsters (little Red Sox spin I guess) and he did great. The poor kid, I have to tailor his shirt, it was like a dress on him, but it didn't stop him at all. He has 3 boys on the team from school, so he was so happy. He is quite the soccer player!!! We never did find cleats for him, but some of the other kids didn't have them on either, shin guards were a must, now to find socks to wear over them!!

Enjoy the pictures!

Anne before the start of the game. Harder to get pictures of the older kids, they move too quickly!

JD was picked alot to throw the ball in...
Working his way around the field.
His new friend from kindergarten
Doing a red light, green light drill.
Trying his soccer gear on while camping!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for a great start to the soccer season! How wonderful that both Anne and JD are playing. We ended up buying the peewee size soccer socks, I cut about 6 inches out of the middle (calf) and stitched the top cuff back on. Worked great! I'll be tailoring his jersey as well. Here's to a great season!

Destini said...

So fun! We don't have soccer in our area, and I'm way to lazy to drive over 30 minutes each way to get them to soccer! Hope the kids have great seasons!

Mary Scannell said...

I love the picture of Anne - very sweet - -Good job JD - -have fun

Kim said...

Pres is doing soccer through the school. He loves to run so the teachers also think it would be great. I am interested to see how he does for 8 weeks and if he still likes it then I will sign him up in the spring for the league in the town. Can I ask you-do they bounce balls off their heads at this age? That was the only achon concern I could think of. JD is just adorable. I am so glad he likes soccer. here's hoping Anne likes her teammates too and she will have double the friends!

Greene Family said...

How fun that both Anne and JD are playing soccer! Hopefully, Anne will quickly become friends with her teammates! JD looks like he has a blast on the soccer field! I'm excited for Simon to play soccer next year! I hope they both have a great season!

Caden and Mommy said...

Superstar Kids! So Cute :0)