Thursday, September 3, 2009

Orientation Day!!!






What a great day we had today!!! JD and Anne had orientations at Kindergarten and PreK!!!! (same public school, two classrooms away from each other!)

Anne has Mr. G and JD has Mrs. E .....Anne was all dressed in her skort and JD is a new cool football shirt....they did great. Anne got to see some friends from PreK and JD met some new ones in his class.

Check out the picture of the structure that they built in the bathroom for JD in his classroom, the janitor did such a great job!!! Go Mr. C....and he changed the faucets in the classroom because the faucet is on the side of the sink so the "hot" is closest to the kids, so he changed them so Cold is now on the closest side!!!! JD is able to do everything!!! I love it....not to mention it made me a little teary eyed..but luckily I know the teachers already (anne had them) and they said on his first day next Wednesday, they will give me a tissue!!!

So, I took the tradtional picture in front of the school...just like my parents did when I went to the same school. The kids had so fun...and I can't believe that I have a PreK kid and a Kindergarten kid!!!

Good luck Anne and JD....show the teachers how smart you are!!!

5 comments:

Mary Scannell said...

I LOVE these pictures- -I cannot believe how big both have gotten - -You and Doug should bevery proud

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear the orientation day went well! The bathroom accomodations are awesome...I immediately showed that to Devon and he is going to try and get the same type of structure built for the bathroom on the Pre-K floor for Seamus. How wonderful that the kids are both excited for school! And I hear you on the tissues...I'll be bringing along a few myself!

Unknown said...

Happy/sad times! Exciting for this kids. Love the bathroom accomodation! What an awesome janitor.

Kim said...

Oh wishing you a great day tomorrow! I think the accomodations are awesome. When Preston went to the Montessori room the first thing he remembered was they left his step stool in the other room! Wishing both your beautiful children a wonderful year! Bring your tissues!

Greene Family said...

I'm so glad that orientation day went so well, and the bathroom accomodations look awesome! I hope Anne and JD both have a fun year! Don't forget your tissues! I know I'll be such a mess when it comes time for Simon to start school. :)