Tuesday, March 24, 2009

JD in training for the Olympics!!!

Now that we have the brace off, we (I mean JD) have been living the life. We joined Tumblefun Gymnastics today. It is a gymnastics program for 2-14 year olds. The run, jump, slide, crawl under things, walk on balance beams, swing on monkey bars and play games! It is a fun filled packed 45 minutes!!! JD loved it. He learned to do the swan, a scale, a V seat and impressed the teachers with his flexibility!!!!!

This week the theme was animals. You had to fish for an animal and bring it back to its home. JD had a camel. He got to bring it back to the desert. What a great experience and boy was he tired at the end of 45 minutes!!!!

Here are some photos of him in the class....I had to walk away a couple of times because I was cramping his "style"...god I love not having a brace....FREEDOM!!!!


Swinging like a monkey through the forest!


Walking with Miss Vicki on the beam 4ft high!!! So brave and so proud of himself!!!


JD walking with Miss Heather on the small beam, crossing over the beanie babies...


Walking across the rope ladder for the first time...doesn't look so sure does he?

10 comments:

Debi said...

I love it!!! JD the gymnast. I like it. Such a boys world over there, tumbling and swinging around on things. I am glad he liked it so much. I think in the last poster, he looks focused...a trait he learned from his Auntie Debi

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! Great job, JD...look out, Olympics!

Sarah said...

So cute! I'm sure not having the brace is awesome!!!! I'm so happy for him (and you) :) Love that he's having fun doing all this too!!!

Destini said...

How much fun!!! A monkey in training! I am sure that you both are very relieved to be brace-free!

Greene Family said...

How fun!! You can tell how much JD is enjoying his freedom from the brace! Way to go, JD - a champ!

Kim said...

What a cool program. I need to see if there is something like that around here. I think JD has the Olympics in his sights now! I love how you said you were cramping his style-too Funny!!!! I am so happy the brace is gone. He must be loving life right now! He is such a cute happy boy!

Kerri said...

Wow!! Looks like a ton of fun!!

By the way: love, love, love the new blog theme!!

Kerri

Unknown said...

What an olympian he makes. Gymnastics is such great exercise and he's having fun doing it!

Tonya said...

He is having a great time!! FREEDOM!! I look forward to the day!

Mary Scannell said...

Jill - -great great pictures and story --JD looks like he really enjoys it!!