Thursday, February 18, 2010

Family Trip to NH






This time we brought the kids! We rented my Uncle Stephen's friends cabin in NH. It was right on a river and the kids loved looking out the window, while playing DSi's, looking for wildlife! It was fun to have cousin Emilee with us for a couple of days too. The kids love having her around! We got to bring our dog Cayman the laid back Boxer...ha ha. I should have taken pics of him sleeping on all the furniture....

Anne was going to try skiing but was a little intimidated by the chair lift and at Cranmore Mountain they don't have the magic carpet to bring her to the top. So, we all went tubing! I love tubing, JD not so much. He did go down once and say he had "super fun" but didn't want to do it again.

On Sunday for Valentine's Day, Doug and I rented a double sled (snowmobile) and went for a 32 mile guided tour with 4 other sleds. At first it was very intimidating to drive even 15 miles an hour but by the end of the trip we got up to 45 miles and it was so much fun! I can't wait to go again, though this time I will drive my own sled instead of being a passenger!!!


6 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks like a blast!! JD sounds a bit like Will. We took him sleding last year and he did NOT want to go down. Cute pics!

Destini said...

Wow, you have been having tons of fun lately! I'm just excited that JD was allowed to tube - all the places around here have 42" height requirements. Taylor is going with the Girl Scouts in a couple weeks, but I'm not sure she'll make it down the hill more than a couple times! As for the chair lifts, they are intimidating, I was scared of them and would only ride up with my dad when I was a kid, he would help me on and off.

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun!! I bet tubing was a blast! Awesome family getaway!

Greene Family said...

Great family trip! It looks like everyone had a blast! I am hoping to take Simon skiing for the first time next winter. The tubing looks like so much fun, but I think the place we will be going to has a 42" height requirement too.

Kim said...

What a fun time!The snow tubing looks great. I give JD a lot of credit. I do not think that Preston would have gone down on his own at all. I think the sled ride sounds awesome! One day I would love to do that. Gosh, it has been years since I have skiied and I loved it so much. I should get Pres into it by next year.

Hua said...

Hey Jill,

You guys look like you had a blast. I bet the valentine's ride was a real treat!

I found your blog while searching for unique and helpful content on children's health. I think you could benefit from sharing your personal story to an audience of people seeking information on children's health. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of over 3,000 of the web's best health writers, including doctors, patient experts and people pursuing healthy living. 

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks